Savings Rates & Features
There’s nothing better than watching your money grow with a Bridgewater Bank Smart eSavings™ Account. Our competitive interest rates will help you reach your savings goal faster.
Find out more about opening an account or simply contact us at the customer experience centre to start your application.
|Smart eSavings Account Interest Rate1|
|The interest rate shown is per annum and is subject to change without notice. Our rate was last changed on February 21, 2023, and is effective as of today.|
1 Interest is calculated daily on the closing balance and is compounded monthly and added to your balance on the last day of each month.
Benefits you deserve
Open a Bridgewater Bank Smart eSavings Account and immediately benefit from a number of smart features:
- Initial deposit requirement only $25
- High interest savings account with a highly competitive rate
- Interest is calculated daily on the closing balance and compounded monthly directly into your Smart eSavings Account.
- With pre-authorized contributions, you can ‘set it and forget it’ helping you to save as much as you want when you want it.
- No minimum ongoing balance required
- Easy transfer of funds from other financial institutions
- Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC) eligible
- One free withdrawal per month2
Need more information? Please see your Personal Account Agreement for your Smart eSavings account.
Questions? Please contact us.
2 With the Smart eSavings account you are entitled to one free withdrawal per calendar month. There is a $5 service fee per transaction for additional withdrawals per calendar month.
Bridgewater Bank fees
Smart eSavings Account Service Fees
Service fees are subject to change. Notice of any existing fee changes or introduction of new fees associated with deposit accounts will be posted on our website at least 60 days in advance of the effective date. If you receive statements for your deposit account, you will also receive a written notification 30 days before the effective date.
Review our list of applicable service fees below and contact us if you have any questions.
Fee Type Fee First withdrawal each month³ (per calendar month) $0 Each additional withdrawal per calendar month $5 Dishonoured cheque or pre-authorized debit reversal fee $20 Inactive accounts $0 Account history inquiry $0 Duplicate statement $0 Transfers to another Bridgewater Bank Smart eSavings Account or a Bridgewater Bank GIC Account $0
You can download the Service Fees PDF by clicking here.
3Unused free withdrawals are not eligible to be carried forward.
Joint deposit accounts
Information about joint deposit accounts
A joint account is a bank account that two or more people share ownership of. Each of the account owners can manage the funds in the account or withdraw funds from it, regardless of who deposited the money into it.
Important things to know about joint accounts
- As a joint account holder, you share equal access to the account. You also share responsibility for all transactions made through the account. In most cases (unless you state otherwise), the other account holder(s) are able to make transactions without your consent.
- All Bridgewater Bank joint accounts are set up with the right of survivorship. This means that if one of the account holders dies, the surviving account holder becomes the owner of the account with the right to deposit, withdraw and manage the funds in the account.
- In the event that an account holder wants to remove their name from the account, the account will be closed and reopened in the name(s) of the remaining account holder(s) with a new account number.
- You are responsible, both jointly and individually, for all transactions, obligations and service charges relating to the account. Bridgewater Bank can disclose your account information to any joint account holder.
Learn more about joint accounts from the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada.